Initial Disclosure Document
1. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
|The FCA is the independent watchdog that regulates financial services. Use this information to decide if our services are right for you.|
2. Whose products do we offer?
|Hippo Vehicle Solutions t/a Hippo Motor Group is a Credit Broker not a Lender and can introduce you to a limited number of lenders and finance products to assist with your vehicle purchase. Occasionally, we may need to use the services of a credit broker – we will advise you if this is applicable. We are not an independent financial advisor and do not make recommendation, however, we will provide you with information on products which may suit your requirements based on information you disclose, to assist you in making an informed decision on your purchase.
Our approach is to introduce you to our panel of lender who will look to make you an offer of finance based on your circumstances. Where they are unable to make you an offer of finance, we will inform you in writing. Please ask for a list of our funding partners.
We only offer products from a limited number of insurers for:
• Finance Guaranteed Asset Protection Insurance (Finance GAP)
• Combined Guaranteed Asset Protection and Return to Invoice Insurance (Combined GAP/RTI)
• Lease Guaranteed Asset Protection Insurance (Lease GAP)
3. Which service will we provide you with?
|We will provide you with information to assist with your funding decision on Credit Agreements – Hire Purchase, Lease Purchase, Finance Lease, Personal Contract Purchase, Contract Purchase, Business Contract Hire and Personal Contract Hire Conditional Sale. We will advise and make a recommendation for you after we have assessed your needs for:
• Regulated Insurance Products – Finance GAP; Combined GAP/RTI; Lease GAP
• Non-Regulated Products: Paint Protection; Warranty
4. What will you have to pay us for our services?
|You will receive our Information Notice that will outline any fees that are owed to us in relation to the preparation, arrangement or services provided through us prior to signing your agreement.
Lenders typically pay a commission to us for introducing you to them, different lenders may pay different commissions for such introductions.
5. Who regulates us?
|Hippo Vehicle Solutions Limited t/a Hippo Motor Group is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for Consumer Credit activities, our Firm Reference Number (FRN) is 658076. Hippo Vehicle Solutions t/a Hippo Motor Group is a Credit Broker not a Lender.
Hippo Vehicle Solutions Limited t/a Hippo Motor Group is an Appointed Representative of AutoProtect (MBI) Limited for Insurance Distribution activities. AutoProtect (MBI) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, Firm Reference Number – 312143. Our FCA permitted business is arranging general insurance and finance products.
You can check this on the FCA Register by visiting www.fca.org.uk
6. What to do if you have a complaint
|If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us:
• In writing: Customer Care Team, Hippo Vehicle Solutions Limited, Trident Park, Trident Way, Blackburn,
Lancashire BB1 3NU
• By phone: 01254 919000
• By Email: Customercare@hippomotorgroup.co.uk
• Via Web: hippomotorgroup.com/hippo-help-desk/
If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service. www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
7. Are we covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?
|We are covered by the FSCS. You may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we cannot meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. General Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 90% of the claim with no upper limit. Compulsory forms of insurance (e.g. Motor Insurance) are covered for 100% of the claim with no upper limit.
Please note – finance products are not covered by this scheme.